Lights on the “epic” race taking place in Auronzo di Cadore, and starting with the race kit pick-up and the “welcome bikers party”. The awaited protagonists of the race, included in the UCI Marathon World Series, make their initial statements between expectations, hopes and dreams of winning the championship title.
Auronzo-Misurina (BL) 1 settembre 2017 – Today the curtain went up on the long awaited weekend of the 3Epic, the important cycling event included in the calendar of the 2017 UCI Marathon World Series, which in the next edition will host the UCI Mountain Bike World Championships in the specific disciplines.
The Venetian Dolomites already look ahead. The expected protagonists of tomorrow prestigious èlite race did anticipate their interests and expectations in view to the World Championships scheduled in 2018 right on this track. “I rode the 3Epic two years ago and I’ve come back with pleasure, seeking a prestigious result. But this race will also be an important test in view to next year World Championships”, says the Austrian Alban Lakata, defending world champion who will wear the rainbow jersey tomorrow morning at the starting line.
Here is the schedule for tomorrow, Saturday 2nd September:
– 6.30am to 8.30am Card check and race kit pick-up PalaGhiaccio
– 10.00am to 7.00pm 3Epic Bike & Tech Expo PalaGhiaccio
– 8.15am Start of Lavaredo90 Piazza Santa Giustina (Elite Athletes)
– 8.45am Start of Lavaredo90 Lungo Lago Transacqua (Amateur Athletes)
– 9.30am Start of Misurina70 Lungo Lago Transacqua
– 12.00pm Arrival of the Lavaredo90 winner Lungo Lago Transacqua
– 12.15pm Flash Interview
– 12.30pm Flower ceremony
– 3.00pm Award ceremony
– 12.00pm to 6.00pm Pasta Party PalaGhiaccio
– 20.30 Football match Spain vs Italy – qualifications to the 2018 World Cup: live on big screen PalaGhiaccio